Cloud Dough Fluff
Welcome to Smart School House! If you’ve been here before, you have probably seen our dish soap silly putty, ice cream play dough, scented slime, yogurt dough, aloe dough, Funfetti play dough, Hawaiian Punch Play Dough, and incredible edible play dough!
Needless to say, we LOVE DIY doughs, slimes, and silly putty. Today we are sharing our newest hands-on sensory creation with you:
2 ingredient Cloud Dough Fluff!
It’s the softest, fluffiest, and funnest cloud dough you’ll ever make!
DIY Cloud Dough Fluff is fun for toddlers and big kids too. It takes about 20 minutes to make (or less if you don’t want to color it) and it lasts for months of play!
Ingredients for Cloud Dough Fluff:
- A 22 oz. container of baby powder (like this)
- Baby oil (like this)
- Optional: food coloring. We use this kind for all of our food and craft projects.
- Large mixing bowl (plus smaller bowls if you want to make colored cloud dough fluff)
- Hand mixer
- Measuring cup
How to Make Cloud Dough Fluff:
- Pour the entire 22 oz. container of baby powder into a large mixing bowl. Note: this part is not for kids to do because we don’t want them to inhale the baby powder for any unnecessary reason. Adults are much better at controlling the powder pouring into the bowl without inhaling the powder in the process:)
- Add 1 cup of baby oil to the bowl.
- Using your electric handheld mixer on slow speed, mix the 2 ingredients together or at least 5 minutes.
- Eventually, you’ll want to knead the dough together. This is where you’ll really start to see it form!
- Optional step: Separate the dough evenly into smaller bowls and add food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until the desired shade is achieved. Feel free to use the handheld mixture to mix the food coloring in for a few minutes. Then, continue to knead with your hands again.
Continue to mix and knead the cloud dough fluff until it won’t mix anymore! If you pick it up, it will hold a shape then crumble back down to the original soft dough.
Because cloud dough fluff is made with 2 of the softest ingredients (baby powder and baby oil), it is incredibly silky and fun for kids to play with!
It will make your hands soft too:)
We recommend playing with cloud dough fluff outside or in an aluminum pan. Just like any other sand or moon dough play, it will get messy. But, it’s nothing that a few minutes of cleanup won’t fix!
Wash hands with warm soapy water afterwards.
Since my kids are no longer toddlers, I store mine in these cute little spice storage containers that we got for Daiso, a local dollar tree type of store. The containers have a matching lid and spoon.
However, you can also store it in a sealable plastic bag too! Whatever works for you. Your kids might want to mix the colors, which is completely fine.
Cloud dough fluff is a calming and sensory filled activity for kids!
You might also like these recipes:
Yogurt Silly Putty (totally edible!)
Ice Cream Play Dough (edible!)