Here is the newest addition to our holiday decor: a Fish Bowl Snowman craft for Christmas! Isn’t it ADORABLE?! I set up a tiny Christmas scene in each one. I got everything from the craft store including the bowls! Please also watch the video directions found within this post for visual directions:)
Fish Bowl Snowman
The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes the always fun task of taking the Christmas decoration boxes out of storage and decking the halls. But there’s always room for one more DIY decoration—especially if it’s as cute as this one. This is a craft that is guaranteed to have your friends and family members asking how you pulled it off. I saw this idea awhile ago on Pinterest and really wanted to give it a try!
I think a fish bowl snowman is fun and festive. It’s like a great big snow globe. The scene brings your imagination to life using small holiday trinkets and holiday decor. You will need 3 different sized fish bowls that stack. I got these at Michael’s, but I’ve seen smaller versions at the dollar store! Next, find some snow village pieces. Even though it’s not even Halloween yet, every craft store has allllll of their Christmas supplies out right now, including everything you’d need to create a little snow village.
Supplies Needed to Make a Fish Bowl Snowman
Or, you can always pick them out online (like these). You will also need 1 bag of fake snow. Have no fear, any craft store will have this too. One bag goes a long way! To make the snowman’s hat, you’ll need 2 sheets of black craft foam and scissors. Finally, you’ll need some Christmas ribbon for the top hat and a glue gun.
Isn’t that fun? It looks so pretty in person and really adds charm to any indoor holiday decor. Winter craft projects are the best as you can involve the entire family and prepare together for the jolliest time of the year. So if you’re looking for a new winter decor this idea, make a fish bowl snowman. The nicest part is that you can build a small Christmas scenery in each bowl and then stack one on top of the other, creating an entire story. Don’t forget to ask for help from your friends or family!
More DIY Holiday Decorations by Smart School House
Fish Bowl Snowman
You Will Need
- 3 different sized fish bowls that stack. I got these at Michael’s, but I’ve seen smaller versions at the dollar store!
- Snow village pieces. Even though it’s not even Halloween yet, every craft store has allllll of their Christmas supplies out right now, including everything you’d need to create a little snow village. Or, you can always pick them out online (like these).
- 1 bag of fake snow. Have no fear, any craft store will have this too. One bag goes a long way!
- 2 sheets of black craft foam
- Christmas ribbon for around the snowman’s top hat
- Glue gun
- *UPDATE* You can find the fish bowl snowman craft kit now on Amazon HERE
- Put a little fake snow at the bottom of each bowl.
- Arrange your various snow village pieces to make a special scene! I found a small house at Michaels, so I placed a flameless candle inside of it. I absolutely LOVE the warmth it gives to our fish bowl snowman. Plus, it’s so gorgeous at night. Well, I might keep it on during the day too:) I can’t get enough!
- To make the snowman’s top hat, you will need to trace a circle in the black craft foam that is slightly larger than the opening of your smallest fish bowl on top. I used a round Tupperware lid as a guide! Use a bowl or anything around your house to do this. Next, determine how tall the hat needs to be on top of the circle base you cut. Using the black craft foam, cut a rectangle that rolls into a cylinder. Hot glue the edges of the rectangle together to make a cylinder. Next, cut a small circle out and glue it to the top of the hat. Finally, embellish the top hat with some Christmas ribbon!