Bring in the Holidays with these Giant Christmas Ornaments for your home! I can’t wait to show you how to make your own huge outdoor (or indoor) Christmas ornaments with my easy video tutorial. Best of all, they will only cost a few dollars and they look incredible!
Giant Christmas Ornaments
It is officially time to start decorating for the holidays. If you’re feeling a little crafty and want to add a special touch to your decor, this DIY craft is for you! I got all the craft supplies from Walmart, including the plastic balls. I love it when you can get everything you want in one place.
Supplies to Make Giant Christmas Ornaments
I was creating the giant ornaments in my head as I was collecting the supplies. I found some very inexpensive cake pans for the top of the ornament.
Using a hammer and a nail, I poked a hole through the center of the cake pan.
In order to make the hole a little larger, I used a screwdriver to wide the hole made with the nail. These cake pans are pretty flimsy so this is super easy to do!
Next, I pulled matching silver ribbon through the pan and knotted it on the inside to keep the ribbon in place (as seen in the video).
I used Gorilla Glue to attach the cake pan into place. Since we live in southern California, our weather does change too much. You might consider using a stronger glue depending on what the weather is like where you live (rainy, windy, snowy, etc).
Simply lean the finished ornaments up against a wall where the glue can dry. Isn’t that crazy easy?!
Oversized Christmas ornaments look wonderfully fun with any style of Christmas decor. The balls will deflate so it is a fun craft you can make year after year! Plus, you don’t have to store them, which I love because I tend to already store a lot of holiday stuff as it is 🙂
While I haven’t tried it, it could be neat to spray paint the balls too. I found red ones, but if you can’t find the right color, spray paint them! The holidays are a great time to be crafty and spend time with friends and family making memories, don’t you think?
More DIY Christmas Crafts and Recipes to Try:
Giant Christmas OrnamentsPrint Here
You Will Need
- Kids play ball (I got them at Walmart)
- Gorilla Glue
- Damp cloth
- 9 inch round cake pan (I got them for a dollar at Walmart and they sell them at the dollar store too!)
- Silver ribbon
- Hammer & nail
- Using a hammer and a nail, make a small hole in the center of a cake pan.
- Use a screwdriver to make the hole a little larger. Inexpensive cake pans are very thin, so this is extremely easy to do!
- Put ribbon through the hold and tie a knot on the inside of the cake pan, which will prevent the ribbon from coming out.
- Place a thin layer of Gorilla Glue on the edge of the cake pan.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the surface of the ball where you plan to place the cake pan. The water activates the Gorilla Glue.
- Place the pan upside down on the ball and set it aside to dry for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Hang and enjoy!