Giant Christmas Ornaments
Bring in the Holidays with these Giant Christmas Ornaments for your home! I can’t wait to show you how to make your own huge outdoor (or indoor) Christmas ornaments with my easy video tutorial. Best of all, they will only cost a few dollars and they look incredible!
Last updated: October 31, 2017
This post was originally published on November 13, 2016. I have updated it to answer questions and make the instructions even easier this Christmas.
It is officially time to start decorating for the holidays. If you’re feeling a little crafty and want to add a special touch to your decor, this DIY craft is for you!
Supplies to Make Giant Christmas Ornaments
- Kids play ball (I got them at Walmart)
- Gorilla Glue
- Damp cloth
- 9 inch round cake pan (I got them for a dollar at Walmart and they sell them at the dollar store too!)
- Silver ribbon
- Hammer & nail
Giant Christmas Ornament Video
Isn’t that crazy easy?!
How to Make Big Outdoor Ornaments with a Ball
- Using a hammer and a nail, make a small hole in the center of a cake pan.
- Use a screwdriver to make the hole a little larger. Inexpensive cake pans are very thin, so this is extremely easy to do!
- Put ribbon through the hold and tie a knot on the inside of the cake pan, which will prevent the ribbon from coming out.
- Place a thin layer of Gorilla Glue on the edge of the cake pan.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the surface of the ball where you plan to place the cake pan. The water activates the Gorilla Glue.
- Place the pan upside down on the ball and set it aside to dry for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Hang and enjoy!
Gorilla glue is an all-weather glue, so these ornaments will look great outside no matter where you live!
While I haven’t tried it, it could be neat to spray paint the balls too! I found red ones, but if you can’t find the right color, spray paint them!
Send me a picture to show me how yours turned out:)
You might also love these Plastic Ball Ornaments. No really, they are made out of balls too!
GIANT lollipops using paper plates – Check it out here: