Bring in the Holidays with these Giant Christmas Ornaments for your home! I can’t wait to show you how to make your own huge outdoor (or indoor) Christmas ornaments with my easy video tutorial. Best of all, they will only cost a few dollars and they look incredible!
Giant Christmas Ornaments
It is officially time to start decorating for the holidays. If you’re feeling a little crafty and want to add a special touch to your decor, this DIY craft is for you! I got all the craft supplies from Walmart, including the plastic balls. I love it when you can get everything you want in one place.
Supplies to Make Giant Christmas Ornaments
I was creating the giant ornaments in my head as I was collecting the supplies. I found some very inexpensive cake pans for the top of the ornament.
Using a hammer and a nail, I poked a hole through the center of the cake pan.
In order to make the hole a little larger, I used a screwdriver to wide the hole made with the nail. These cake pans are pretty flimsy so this is super easy to do!
Next, I pulled matching silver ribbon through the pan and knotted it on the inside to keep the ribbon in place (as seen in the video).
I used Gorilla Glue to attach the cake pan into place. Since we live in southern California, our weather does change too much. You might consider using a stronger glue depending on what the weather is like where you live (rainy, windy, snowy, etc). E6000 is an industrial strength glue that is probably the strongest hold.
Simply lean the finished ornaments up against a wall where the glue can dry. Isn’t that crazy easy?!
Oversized Christmas ornaments look wonderfully fun with any style of Christmas decor. The balls will deflate so it is a fun craft you can make year after year! Plus, you don’t have to store them, which I love because I tend to already store a lot of holiday stuff as it is 🙂
While I haven’t tried it, it could be neat to spray paint the balls too. I found red ones, but if you can’t find the right color, spray paint them! The holidays are a great time to be crafty and spend time with friends and family making memories, don’t you think?
More DIY Christmas Crafts and Recipes to Try:
Giant Christmas OrnamentsPrint Here
You Will Need
- Kids play ball (I got them at Walmart)
- Gorilla Glue (or E6000 industrial strength glue)
- Damp cloth
- 9 inch round cake pan (I got them for a dollar at Walmart and they sell them at the dollar store too!)
- Silver ribbon
- Hammer & nail
- Using a hammer and a nail, make a small hole in the center of a cake pan.
- Use a screwdriver to make the hole a little larger. Inexpensive cake pans are very thin, so this is extremely easy to do!
- Put ribbon through the hold and tie a knot on the inside of the cake pan, which will prevent the ribbon from coming out.
- Place a thin layer of Gorilla Glue on the edge of the cake pan.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe the surface of the ball where you plan to place the cake pan. The water activates the Gorilla Glue.
- Place the pan upside down on the ball and set it aside to dry for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Hang and enjoy!