This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It is no secret that we love to make slime, play dough, cloud dough, and even silly putty here at Smart School House. Today we are going to show you our newest creation: Sand Slime! This 3-ingredient slime is a cinch to make which is why it is on our list of best slime recipe ever. It’s stretchy but not sticky making it the perfect DIY craft for kids!Just look at those vibrant colors! Let’s get started…
The COOLEST part about this slime recipe is that you don’t need food coloring! That means less mess for everyone (yay!). Instead, this slime is made with various colors of craft sand. You can mix the colors up or just make one crazy cool color, like this black sand slime:
How amazing is that? I love that you can get a little glimpse of clear in between the sand texture. It’s simply amazing and mesmerizing to play with. Trust me, this sand slime will keep kids busy for hours!
Elmer’s Clear School Glue is one of my favorites for crafting because it is perfect for a variety of craft projects or school projects. Best of all, it’s washable!
This is, hands down, the coolest slime we’ve ever made, don’t you think? I love that our hands are never stained with food coloring!
The clear glue allows the sand colors to be so vibrant! When my kids see Elmer’s Glue glue anywhere, they always ask if we can make this sand slime together with it. For teachers, Elmer’s Glue and Glue Sticks are a staple in the classroom. If you don’t have clear glue on hand, the regular white glue will work as well.
Here are some other amazing activities you will love:
Sand SlimePrint Here
You Will Need
- One 5 ounce bottle of clear Elmer’s Clear School Glue (get 1 bottle of glue for every color of sand slime you want to make).
- Colorful craft sand – they have a great selection at most craft stores.
- Contact solution. Yup, just the stuff that is made to store contact lenses in.
- Baking Soda
You will also need the following supplies:
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoon
- Baggie (for storage)
- Empty the entire bottle of Clear Elmer’s School Glue into a bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Stir until the baking soda is completely mixed in with the glue.
- Add 2 tablespoons of colored sand. Stir the mixture again until the sand is evenly distributed.
- Add 1 tablespoon of contact solution. This is where the magic begins! The slime will develop into a ball.
- Pick the slime up and if it is too sticky, add another 1/2 tablespoon of contact solution.
- Play! Make more colors, combine them together, see how far the slime will stretch, etc.
- Store the slime in a ziplock baggie.