This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Apple Cider Donut Cake is made with all the fall flavors you love! Baked to perfection in a bundt cake pan, brushed with melted butter, and covered in a cinnamon sugar coating, this treat is basically one big donut!
Apple Cider Donut Cake
While it bakes in the oven, the whole house starts to smell delicious! The yellow cake mix is combined with apple flavors, including apple cider and apple sauce. This dessert can be served alone in slices or paired with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Yellow cake mix – your brand of choice: Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines, etc.
- Apple cider – not apple juice
- Cinnamon apple sauce – at room temperature
- Ground allspice
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
Create the cake batter by combining the yellow cake mix, apple cider, cinnamon applesauce, eggs, melted butter, allspice, and vanilla extract. Using a baking spray, prepare the bundt cake pan.
Next, pour the cake batter into the round bund cake pan. Bake the apple cider donut cake for 40 minutes. Your house will smell so delicious!
Use a toothpick to determine that the donut cake is fully cooked. Insert a toothpick and it should come out clean. If it comes out with a little cake batter on it, allow the cake to bake a little longer.
Allow the cake to cool completely in the cake pan. This should take at least 30 minutes. Once cooled, remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack with a baking sheet underneath it.
Brush the cake with a generous coating of melted butter. In a small bowl, whisk together the cinnamon sugar mixture.
If you love any of the following ingredients, consider adding a little to the cinnamon sugar coating for even more taste!
- Apple pie spice
- Pumpkin spice
- Brown sugar
- Melted apple butter
Sprinkle the powder mixture over the entire apple donut cake. The excess sugar will fall through the wire rack and onto the baking sheet below. The topping adds a gorgeous sparkling sugar appearance and adds a wonderful texture to the soft apple cider doughnut cake.
Slice the cake into pieces and enjoy! This dessert will please everyone and they’ll most likely come back for seconds! It’s wonderful when paired with a cold glass of milk or apple cider.
Store the leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container or tightly covered for up to 4 days.
Apple Cider Donut Cake Recipe
Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Bundt pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Wire rack
- Baking sheet
- Microwave safe bowls
- Silicone basting brush
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
For the Cake
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- ¾ cup Apple cider
- ½ cup Cinnamon apple sauce
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon Ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Non-stick spray
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup Melted butter
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, apple cider, apple sauce, eggs, melted butter, allspice, and vanilla extract using an electric mixer
- Prepare a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan
- Bake for 40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Allow the cake to cool completely for at least 30 minutes
- Remove the cake from the pan and place it on a wire rack. A butter knife can help the cake pull away from the cake pan if needed.
- Place the wire rack over a baking sheet
- In a mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and ground cinnamon
- Melt ¼ cup of butter and apply it generously over the cake using a silicone basting brush
- Sprinkle and press the cinnamon sugar topping over the entire cake. The excess will fall onto the baking sheet below the wire rack.