Even though it’s been hot outside lately, the kids and I were in the mood to bake something sweet. We made these cheesecake pudding cookies that hit the spot along with some homemade vanilla ice cream. Perfect for an afternoon summer snack if you ask us!
Cheesecake Pudding Cookies
The creamy cheesecake Jello creates a super chewy cookie that is loaded with white chocolate chips. If you love cheesecake, these cookies are just for you!
They’re ridiculously easy to make, have a chewy vanilla cheesecake flavor, and aren’t messy! Yep. That’s an important thing for us when we begin an impromptu baking session.
How to Make Cookies Using Pudding
Not seen is the homemade vanilla ice cream we also made. The kids dipped, crumbled, and topped their warm and freshly-baked pudding cookies cookies with the super creamy vanilla ice cream.
While white chocolate chip cookies are one of my very favorite kind of cookies ever, adding cheesecake pudding flavor to the recipe really kicks it up a notch! They subtly flavored like cheesecake and not overwhelming at all. Imagine a white chocolate chip cookie with a hint of cheesecake taste. YUM!
If you happen to have any cookies leftover, they will be soft and chewy the next day too. Just zip them up in a plastic bag and keep them out on the counter. Don’t be surprised if they’re suddenly gone before you wake up the next morning though… these pudding cookies have been known to cause sleepwalking and sleep-eating (or so my family tells me LOLolol!).
Adding pudding to the cookie dough is a simple trick to amp up the flavor, but also to keep the cookies soft. Make sure you’re using instant pudding, not “cook and serve”.
I used cheesecake instant pudding but you could use any flavor you wanted to. Flavored pudding will add a nice subtle flavor to pretty much any cookie recipe.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes You Will Love
Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Chip Cookies
Cheesecake Pudding CookiesPrint Here
You Will Need
- 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of cheesecake pudding mix (dry)
- 3/4 cup of shortening (Crisco baking sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Medium mixing bow
- Electric mixer
- Non-stick spray
Shop the Supplies and Ingredients Below:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and cheesecake pudding mix
- With an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, mix together the Crisco, both sugars, and vanilla until fluffy (about 5 minutes)
- Add eggs and scrape down the sides sides
- Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients. Combine until just incorporated
- Fold in the white chocolate chips
- Prepare a baking dish with foil and non-stick spray
- Using your hands, make round cookie dough balls about 1-2 inches and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees or until they become slightly golden in color
- Transfer to a cooling rack within 5 minutes