Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a blend of cheeses and smothered in creamy alfredo sauce! These Cheesy Alfredo Shells are great for a quick, easy dinner or lunch!
Cheesy Alfredo Shells
If you have kids at home, you probably know how picky they can be. Well, these Cheesy Alfredo Shells are a guaranteed hit for both kids and adults.
It’s a quick, easy, and nearly effortless meal. All you need is a baking dish, 1 mixing bowl, and 45 minutes of baking time. Dinner in less than an hour? Yes please!
Sometimes I find that we either have to have dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon or 9:00 at night because of sports schedules. Can anyone else relate? If you have teens and older kids in various sports, this dish can be left in the oven on “warm” for hungry kids that come home late. That’s why easy to bake dinners are essential. Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in the day! There’s always enough time to whip up these cheesy alfredo shells.
Jumbo Shells with Alfredo Sauce
Load the jumbo shells up with a blended mix of ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan. A regular size spoon scoops up the perfect amount, making this process speedier than it may seem.
Alfredo meets loaded jumbo shells in this easy to bake dish. It is full of flavor and easy to have on your table for dinner tonight. They make irresistible leftovers for lunch the next day too!
You can add shredded chicken, broccoli, or diced squash and zucchini to this recipe, depending on your audience:) We like to add veggies to have the dish and leave the veggies out for the picky eaters we know… like the kids. It’s ok, they eat veggies in other ways. They just like their pasta with alfredo sauce and we don’t blame them one bit.
More QUICK & EASY Dinner Ideas by Smart School House:
- Taco Pie
- Cheesy Rotini
- Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Mini Taco Lasagna
50 Dinner Recipes for Busy Families:
- 15 Minute Dinner Ideas
- Crock Pot and Make-Ahead Freezer Meals
- Casserole Recipe Hacks
- Smart Slow Cooker Recipes
Nothing is more comforting or delicious than cheese stuffed shells covered in alfredo sauce when you’re really hungry! So creamy, buttery and delicious. Do you have your own alfredo recipe? Great news: you can use pre-made alfredo sauce in a jar or your very own homemade alfredo sauce recipe. It all depends on how much time you have and what you prefer.
Homemade alfredo sauce usually consists of butter, heavy cream, garlic, and parmesan cheese. It’s also very simple to make! If you’re low on time, use your favorite store bought alfredo sauce for these cheesy alfredo shells.
This dish is wonderful with baked chicken, a side salad, or all by itself!
Cheesy Alfredo Shells
You Will Need
- Jumbo shell pasta
- 1 1/3 cup of ricotta
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 jar of pre-made alfredo sauce (15 oz) or homemade alfredo sauce – your choice!
- 3 teaspoons of finely chopped parsley
- Pepper to taste
Other Supplies Needed
- 9 x 13 baking dish (smaller will also work)
- Non-stick spray
- Measuring Cups
- Pot for boiling water
- Mixing bowl
Shop the Ingredients Below:
Shop the Other Supplies Needed Below:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Boil jumbo shells according to the directions on the box (usually about 9 minutes)
- Drain the water and lay out the noodles to dry and cool
- Prepare the baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pour 1/3 of the alfredo sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, and 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- Fill each shell with a FULL spoonful of the cheese mixture
- Place the shells in the baking dish facing up
- Add any extra cheese mixture to the shells
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes
- Sprinkle with parsley and pepper to taste