Do you ever have one of those taco dinner nights that leaves you craving more for the next few days? Our BBQ Ranch Chicken Tacos are so delicious that my mouth waters just thinking about them. They’re easy to make for a family or a crowd and the homemade tacos shells are hands-down the best taco shells you’ve ever tasted! My mom learned how to make the taco shells from her parents and then she taught me. I can’t help but remember my mom every time we have a taco night:)
BBQ Ranch Chicken Tacos
Crispy tacos shells are filled with BBQ chicken, cheese, and drizzled with ranch dressing. Add your favorite taco toppings in this easy, crowd-pleasing dinner.
Have you ever tasted the glorious mix of BBQ sauce and creamy ranch dressing? They’re a match made in heaven!
Have you ever had a homemade taco shell? You absolutely NEED to try this out some time!
You’re going to love this recipe….
When I was a little girl, I remember standing in the kitchen watching (and smelling) my mom made the homemade taco shells. It was always one of my favorite meals. As we approach Mother’s Day, I love making this recipe with my kids running around in our kitchen.
With graduation parties and summer just around the corner, there’s no better way to celebrate the season with family and friends than outside by the BBQ! Be sure to make lots of extra taco shells and BBQ chicken because once everyone tastes the creamy ranch dressing mixed with the crunch of the lettuce and taco shells, they’ll be searching for more!
So simple, so delicious, and so perfect anytime of year.
More Easy Dinner Recipes to Save Next:
EASY Ranch Chicken Tacos
You Will Need
- Chicken breasts (depending on how many are in your family or at your party)
- Corn tortillas
- BBQ sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Vegetable oil
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Frying pan
- Paper Towels
- Tongs (for making the tacos shells)
How to make homemade taco shells:
- Fill the bottom of a frying pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil and warm it up on low heat. We used about 1/2 cup for our size frying pan seen in the video. Caution: use only low heat to prevent the hot oil from splattering.
- Using tongs, lay 1/2 of a corn tortilla in the oil creating a bend like a taco shell. Hold it in place and let it cook until golden.
- Using the tongs, lay the uncooked tortilla half into the oil, grabbing the cooked portion and continuing to create a taco shell shape.
- Once both sides are golden, place them on some stacked paper towels and let them cool.
Recipe for BBQ Ranch Chicken Tacos:
- Marinate the uncooked chicken breasts in BBQ sauce.
- BBQ as usual (about 15-20 minutes on medium heat), adding additional BBQ sauce as desired. Let the chicken “rest” or cool for a few moments.
- Cut the BBQ chicken into slices.
- Begin layering your tacos! BBQ chicken at the bottom, then 1/2 tablespoon of ranch dressing, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese.