Chili Corn Dogs are a game changer! Baked corn dogs, with the stick removed, opened up and filled with chili and cheese. BRILLIANT! Not only are they perfect for game day, but they’re also good any time of year if you ask me.
Chili Corn Dogs
Chili dogs are delicious and popular on their own, but adding the delicious breaded corn dog into the mixture makes an average corn dog over the top! These are SO easy to make that you’ll be wondering why you didn’t think of this sooner.
As you may have seen on my TikTok or Facebook page, the video shows how simple these awesome hot dogs are to assemble. Begin by baking frozen corn dogs (found in the freezer aisle of any grocery store). The average baking time is about 18 minutes. But, if you’re baking more than a couple of corn dogs as we did here, you will need to increase the baking time.
After the corn dogs are baked and heated all the way through, remove them from the oven and gently pull the sticks out. This is actually much easier than it might seem! After that, cut down the middle of each corn dog. Do this gently as well, because you don’t need to cut into the hot dog itself. A bread knife is great for this job!
Corn Dogs Stuffed with Chili and Cheese
While they are baking, warm up some chili on the stove. That way, the chili is hot when you stuff the corn dogs! They hold a surprisingly great amount of chili, so be sure to prepare 2 cans of chili if you’re making as many as we did!
Finally, top each one with a generous amount of cheese. Cheddar cheese is the most popular on chili, but you can use whatever cheese you like! Return them to the oven so that the cheese melts and everything is heated through.
Chili Corn Dog Toppings
Add chopped onion or whatever toppings you like on a traditional chili dog. We suggest jalapenos, slices of pickles, nacho sauce, ketchup, mustard, or even hot sauce. You will LOVE the sweet fluffy cornbread and you’ll never look at chili dogs the same again!
More Easy Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Chili Corn Dogs
You Will Need
- Frozen corn dogs
- 1-2 cans of chili
- 1 can for every 4 chili corn dogs
- Shredded cheddar cheese
Other supplies needed:
- Baking sheet
- Bread knife
- Bake the corn dogs according to the package. Typically, that’s about 18 minutes at 350 degrees if you’re baking them while frozen. However, if you’re making more as we did, you will need to bake them longer.
- While the corn dogs are baking, warm up the chili over the stove
- When the corn dogs are baked all the way through, remove the sticks and cut and opening down the center with a bread knife
- Stuff the corn dogs with chili
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top
- Return the chili corn dogs to the oven for about 10 minutes or so to allow the cheese to melt
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!