This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Loaded Potato Slices are hands-down one of the BEST appetizer or side dish recipes that literally everyone loves! Just like a regular loaded potato, the potato slices are covered in melted cheese, bacon, and chives, or green onion. You can eat them like french fries with your hands and dip them into sour cream. If you like ranch with your bacon and potatoes, go for it!
Loaded Potato Slices
Everyone, including the pickiest eater, absolutely loves these potatoes. Who doesn’t love melted cheddar cheese and crispy, crumbled bacon? They’re so easy to make. Serve them as an appetizer for a party or as a side dish. They’re excellent for Super Bowl Sunday too!
Begin by placing foil over a large baking sheet. Prepare the foil with non-stick spray. Slice russet potatoes into 1/2″-3/4″ thick chips. Next, melt some butter and generously brush some on each slice.
After the butter, season the potatoes with salt and pepper. If you prefer extra seasoning, you can also add Italian seasonings. However, I find salt and pepper to be just perfect! Bake the potato slices for 30 minutes.
Finally, sprinkle each potato slice with shredded cheese, cooked bacon crumbles, and fine-cut chives or green onion. Return the loaded potato slices to the oven for an additional 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Serve immediately with sour cream and/or ranch dressing for dipping.
Refrigerator – Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 6 minutes or until warmed through.
Freezer – Baked potato slices freeze well! However, leave out the green onions. To reheat, bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes.
More Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Buffalo Chicken Roll-Ups
Little Smokies Wrapped in Bacon
Blooming Burrito Ring
Loaded Potato Slices Recipe
You Will Need
- 3 Russet Potatoes
- 1/3 Cup of Melted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheese
- 3 Slices of Cooked Bacon, Cut into Chunks
- Fine cut chives or green onion
Other Supplies Needed:
- Baking Sheet
- Non-Stick Spray
- Microwavable bowl
- Basting Brush
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Gently cook 3 pieces of bacon – keep in mind the bacon will cook more in the oven, so don’t make the slices too crispy
- Prepare the baking dish with foil and non-stick spray
- Slice the potatoes into “chips” that are about 1/2″-3/4″ thick and place them on the baking sheet
- Melt the butter and generously brush each potoat slices in butter
- Season the slices with salt and pepper
- Bake the potato slices for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the shredded cheese, bacon chunks, and chives
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes