A summer or fall BBQ isn’t complete without these delicious Cornbread Cupcakes. These sweet and fluffy cornbread cupcakes are made with both cake batter and cornbread mix then topped with cinnamon butter. There’s a fun trick to making these cornbread cupcakes and I think your mind will be blown by how easy they are to bake.
Even on a cold winter evening, these are the coziest after-dinner treat. They go really well with any crock pot recipe your family loves.
If you eat them right out of the oven, the cinnamon butter turns into a irresistible cinnamon sugar glaze that is better than any kind of frosting.
What’s neat about cornbread cupcakes is that they don’t actually need frosting at all!
Have you ever made cornbread from a Jiffy box? I remember my mom making it all the time when I was little. She also made the Jiffy blueberry muffins a lot too. Waking up on weekend mornings to that smell is something you don’t forget!
To add a cake-like flare to cornbread, you simply need to add cake batter! I’m not even joking… it’s really that simple!
Any box or brand of yellow cake mix will work. You will also need 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix.
But don’t be fooled, these are not muffins at all! They are sweet and fluffy-like cupcakes.
I have made these as a dessert type treat, but I certainly wouldn’t judge if you happen to serve them as a side to your favorite crock pot chili recipe! I think that’s a fantastic too. If you like cornbread, then enjoy these cornbread cupcakes whenever you want!
Cornbread Cupcake Recipe
Printable Recipe Below
The house smells so amazing right when they’re taken out of the oven…
More of Our Easy Recipes You Might Also Like
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Turkey and Cheese Biscuits
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries in an Ice Cube Tray
- Taco Lasagna
Cornbread CupcakesPrint Here
You Will Need
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 oil
- 3 eggs
- Cinnamon sugar butter (we used Land-O-Lakes brand found at our grocery store)
- Cupcake baking sheet
- Cupcake liners
- Medium to large mixing bowl
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients (dry and wet!)
- Mix until fully combined
- Place cupcake liners in the baking sheet
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way (they will rise!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or just before the tops turn brown
- Poke the center of a cornbread cupcake with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. If it does, your cupcakes are done!