A summer or fall BBQ isn’t complete without these delicious Cornbread Cupcakes. These sweet and fluffy cornbread cupcakes are made with both cake batter and cornbread mix and then topped with cinnamon butter. There’s a fun trick to making these cornbread cupcakes and I think your mind will be blown by how easy they are to bake.
Even on a cold winter evening, these are the coziest after-dinner treat. They go really well with any crockpot recipe your family loves.
If you eat them right out of the oven, the cinnamon butter turns into an irresistible cinnamon sugar glaze that is better than any kind of frosting.
What’s neat about cornbread cupcakes is that they don’t actually need frosting at all!
Have you ever made cornbread from a Jiffy box? I remember my mom making it all the time when I was little. She also made the Jiffy blueberry muffins a lot too. Waking up on weekend mornings to that smell is something you don’t forget!
To add a cake-like flare to cornbread, you simply need to add cake batter! I’m not even joking… it’s really that simple!
Any box or brand of yellow cake mix will work. You will also need 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix.
But don’t be fooled, these are not muffins at all! They are sweet and fluffy-like cupcakes.
I have made these as a dessert-type treat, but I certainly wouldn’t judge if you happen to serve them as a side to your favorite crockpot chili recipe! I think that’s fantastic too. If you like cornbread, then enjoy these cornbread cupcakes whenever you want!
Cornbread Cupcake Recipe
The house smells so amazing right when they’re taken out of the oven…
More of Our Easy Recipes You Might Also Like
- Cupcake baking sheet
- Cupcake liners
- Medium to large mixing bowl
- For the topping: Cinnamon sugar butter (we used Land-O-Lakes brand found at our grocery store)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients: cake mix, muffin mix, milk, oil, and eggs
- Mix until fully combined
- Place cupcake liners in the baking sheet
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way (they will rise!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or just before the tops turn brown
- Poke the center of a cornbread cupcake with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. If it does, your cupcakes are done!
- Top cupcakes with cinnamon butter, as desired