This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A summer or fall BBQ isn’t complete without these delicious Cornbread Cupcakes. They are sweet and fluffy and are made with both cake batter and cornbread mix and then topped with cinnamon butter.
Even on a cold winter evening, these are the coziest after-dinner treats. They go really well with any crockpot recipe your family loves.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
If you eat them right out of the oven, the cinnamon butter turns into an irresistible cinnamon sugar glaze that is better than any kind of frosting. You can mix cinnamon with butter, but the grocery store also sells a very tasty cinnamon butter too!
Have you ever made cornbread from a Jiffy box? I remember my mom making it all the time when I was little. She also made the Jiffy blueberry muffins a lot too. Waking up on weekend mornings to that smell is something you don’t forget!
To add a cake-like flare to cornbread, you simply need to add cake batter! I’m not even joking… it’s really that simple!
- yellow cake mix
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- For the topping: Cinnamon sugar butter
I have made these as a dessert-type treat, but I certainly wouldn’t judge if you happen to serve them as a side to your favorite crockpot chili recipe! I think that’s fantastic too.
The house smells so amazing right when they’re taken out of the oven. Did you know they can be made in advance and frozen?
Freeze in a zip-top bag or airtight container for up to three months. Thaw for a few hours on the countertop before serving. To reheat, wrap them in aluminum foil and warm them in a 350°F-oven until hot.
Cornbread Cupcakes Recipe
- Cupcake baking sheet
- Cupcake liners
- Medium to large mixing bowl
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- For the topping: Cinnamon sugar butter (we used Land-O-Lakes brand found at our grocery store)
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients: cake mix, muffin mix, milk, oil, and eggs
- Mix until fully combined
- Place cupcake liners in the baking sheet
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 of the way (they will rise!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or just before the tops turn brown
- Poke the center of a cornbread cupcake with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. If it does, your cupcakes are done!
- Top cupcakes with cinnamon butter, as desired