My Pink Lemon Pound Cake is like no other! It’s easy to make but your guests will be so impressed with your creative masterpiece. This homemade lemon pound cake recipe is one that will get you noticed. Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, a baby shower, a wedding shower, a Valentine’s Day party, a spring or summer soirée, or just celebrating life at home, THIS pretty pink pound cake will be a hit.
Pink Lemon Pound Cake
Flavored with lemon juice, and drizzled with a tart lemon glaze, this lemon pound cake is the ultimate dessert for lemon lovers. While it is light and fluffy, it is also very decadent and packed with a lemon flavor that will please any poundcake lover. I baked mine in a circular cake dish (as opposed to a typical pound cake bundt pan). Why? Because it’s cuter!
I pour the delicious pink lemon glaze on top of the cooled pound cake. It’s so beautiful! Serving the pieces individually? Drizzle a little more on each slice creating a picture-perfect pink lemon poundcake experience!
Do you have kids? My kids prefer to dip their cake into the pink lemon glaze frosting… kids love to dip their food! Soft, fluffy, poundcake perfection drizzled in a pink lemon glaze.
Pound Cake Recipe
More Dessert Recipes by Smart School House:
You Will Need
For the cake, you will need:
- 3 cups of white flour
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 6 eggs (3 egg whites & 3 full eggs)
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 lemons
For the pink lemon glaze frosting, you will need:
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tiny drop of red food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Prepare cake dish with non-stick spray
- In a small bowl, pour the milk over 1 Tbsp. of pure lemon juice and let it sit for a few minutes (this lemon/milk mixture is key!)
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder on low speed with an electric mixer
- Add the softened butter, the lemon/milk mixture you made earlier to the flour/sugar mix bowl
- Add in 3 egg whites
- Mix on low speed until fully combined
- Scrape anything down from the sides, turn that mixer on high and let it mix again for 2 minutes
- Add the lemon extract and lemon zest and blend it in at a medium speed
- One by one, add the 3 full eggs with 30 seconds between each egg
- Pour the cake batter into desired baking dish and bake it for 50-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (you know that trick, right?).
The baking time largely depends on the size of your dish(s). The cake will rise and the top will turn brown. The inside will be a pale yellow…the perfect color to compliment a pink glaze frosting!
- While your lemon pound cake is cooking, mix together 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar with 6 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Then, add the tiny drop of red food coloring, creating a soft pink color.
- Once the lemon poundcake has cooled, pour the icing on top!