This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Homemade Brownies Recipe checks all the boxes! These are easy, super FUDGY, rich, and chocolatey! This will become your go-to chewy brownie recipe! With crispy edges, chewy middles, and rich chocolate flavor, these homemade brownies will disappear in no time. The smell of freshly baked brownies just fills your home with the most mouth-watering aroma ever. Chewy, soft, and filled with melted chocolate chips.
This super easy brownie recipe is good to have on hand when you want amazing ultra-chocolate brownies made from scratch. Perfect for potlucks, celebrations, after-school treats, and dessert after dinner! My favorite way to eat them is warm out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream on top:) These stay moist and chewy for days. They have a rich chocolate flavor because adding cocoa powder and chocolate chips makes these intensely chocolatey without being overly sweet.
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
How to Make Homemade Brownies from Scratch
First, mix together the dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Then, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, and melted butter in a large one. Next, combine the wet and dry ingredients. Sprinkle the dry mixture over the wet one, and fold until just combined. Last, add the chocolate chips! Finally, bake! Transfer the pan to a 350-degree oven and bake for about 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs attached. Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
My Tips for Baking Perfect Brownies:
- Use Melted Butter – If we wanted a fluffy, cake-like brownie, we might cream room-temperature butter together with sugar. Melted butter prevents the brownies from becoming fluffy. We want the texture to be thick and chewy.
- Do Not Over Mix the Dough – Over mixing will result in dry, crumbly, and hard brownies.
- Do Not Over Bake Them – No one likes dry brownies. Bake them until a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs attached. If you’re on the fence, go ahead and take them out of the oven. They’ll continue to bake as they cool!
- Cut Them With a Plastic Fork – Did you know that brownies are less likely to stick to a plastic fork? It’s a great tip to remember! A plastic spatula works well too.
I’ve baked my share of brownies in my lifetime, but out of all the cookie recipes I have ever shared with you, these brownies are my favorite. It’s a foolproof recipe, that results in the best brownies over and over and over again. Store homemade brownies at room temperature tightly wrapped with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. They will stay soft and chewy for several days after they’re made.
Homemade Brownies Recipe
- 2 mixing bowls – 1 large and 1 medium
- 8″x11″ baking dish Don’t have that exact size? Any baking dish will work, just adjust the baking time. For example, a square dish will require more baking time
- Non-stick spray
- Mixing Spoon
- Spatula and plastic fork
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs at or close to room temperature
- 1½ sticks sticks of melted butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (or more if you prefer!)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare baking dish with nonstick spray
- In the medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk (flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar)
- In the large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients (eggs, butter, and oil)
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Sprinkle the dry mixture over the wet one, and fold until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour brownie batter into prepared baking dish. Optional: you can sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 35 minutes (don’t over bake!) and let cool for 10 minutes.