Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies
Say it with me, “CHOCOLATE!”
Do you ever have an extreme craving for something sugary and chocolatey? It happens to me
regularly all the time.
Insert: Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies (the chocolate kind to be exact)
The kids and I were in the mood to bake one day so we decided to put an extra special spin on regular chocolate cookies. To be quite honest, we weren’t sure how well these were going to turn out. But, it was worth a try and we had the time to experiment in the kitchen that day! It turns out that these are, by far, on the TOP of my list for best cookies of. all. time.
I highly recommend eating these marshmallowy chocolate cookies right after you remove them from the oven. But, if you happen to need one the next morning with your coffee (because it IS perfectly normal to eat cookies with coffee) then, trust me, you won’t be let down.
My mouth waters just thinking about Marshallow stuffed chocolate cookies….Plus, they were so fun for us to make! The kids had the best time stuffing the marshmallows inside.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cups of mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz. of FROZEN miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Keep the mini marshmallows in the freezer until you are ready to roll them into the cookie batter (they melt very quickly and you need them to be frozen until they go into the oven).
- Combine theflour, cocoa and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- In a new bowl, combine the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix at medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Add in the flour mixture and blend until the batter is very thick (it really will be stiff!).
- Take 3 marshmallows into the palm of your hand – as seen above.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of dough over the marshmallows and wrap them inside forming a ball.
- Place the stuffed cookie dough balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Gently press 7-8 mini chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Normally I like to dip my chocolate cookies in milk, and while that is completely acceptable with these marshmallow stuffed cookies, I find that it isn’t even necessary! Just have a cold glass of milk on hand because the combo is insanely wonderful!
If you like these cookies, you might also like this recipe for classic shortbread cookies. CLICK HERE