This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Cup Brookies are chocolate chip cookies and brownies stuffed with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! When you bake brownie and cookie dough together, it’s known as a “brookie”. This Brookie recipe really kicks it up a notch! Why just eat a chocolate chip cookie when you could marry it with a fudgy brownie? This is an easy dessert to whip up after dinner or for a special after-school treat. The way they make the kitchen smell while they’re baking is magical! If you enjoy baking cookies or brownies, this recipe is for you!
Peanut Butter Cup Brookies
These Peanut Butter Cup Brookies made with brownie mix will more than satisfy your sweet tooth expectations. The best part is that they are quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. You could use homemade brownie and cookie batter, or you can use box brownie mix and premade cookie dough as we do! When ingredients are simple and ready to use, it’s easier to get the kids involved with helping:)
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
- Box of brownies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Tube of refrigerated cookie dough
You can use traditional brownies, but we highly suggest using the Supreme Triple Chunk brownie mix. What makes it better? It has chocolate chunks, which just adds extra deliciousness to the Brookies. The combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and cookie dough is heavenly!
Using a knife, cut the roll of cookie dough into 12 pieces. A simple steak knife cuts through the plastic very easily. The dough falls away from the plastic making this step as simple as can be! Now it’s time to fill a cupcake pan with paper liners. Press the 12 cookie dough pieces into the bottom of each cup.
Now it’s time to unwrap the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! This is a job that kids are great at:) Today, the weather is very warm here in Orange County, so the chocolate was already starting to melt a little bit. Place the Reese’s Cups upside down over the cookie dough.
Next, prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box. Spoon the batter over the Reese’s Cups until the liners are almost full. They will rise a little bit as they bake, but not as much as a muffin. So, leaving a little extra space is all you need!
Bake the Peanut Butter Cup Brookies at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The center of each Brookie cup will dip down a little bit, but that’s normal because of the candy. You may have leftover brownie batter that you can bake in a small pan separately.
By this time, you will have some people in the kitchen waiting to eat them because the whole house smells so good. You can eat them with ice cream, whipped cream, or alone straight out of the cupcake liner. If you have leftovers, store them in a container or baggie at room temperature. They can be warmed up in the microwave or enjoyed at room temp.
Peanut Butter Cup Brookie Recipe
Peanut Butter Cup Brookies
- Traditional size cupcake/muffin baking sheet
- Cupcake liners
- Mixing bowl
- 1 box brownie mix + ingredients required on the back of the box (egg, oil, etc.)
- 1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place paper cupcake liners in the baking sheet
- Prepare brownie batter according to the directions on the box
- Cut the cookie dough into 12 even pieces
- Press the cookie dough down into the bottom of each cupcake liner
- Place one Reese’s Peanut Butter cup upside down in each cookie dough filled muffin cup
- Spoon the brownie batter over the Reese’s Peanut Butter cup until the liners are almost full (leaving space for Brookies to expand)
- Bake for 18 20 minutes