Raise your hand if a delicious meatball recipe takes you back to your childhood? I vividly remember my mom teaching me how to make meatballs. Today I’m going to teach you how to make the juiciest, delicious, pineapple turkey teriyaki meatballs you’ve ever had! The best part is: they’re so quick and easy to make! This is a 30-minute freezer meal recipe for delicious and EXTRA juicy meatballs with an irresistible teriyaki glaze sauce.
Pineapple Turkey Teriyaki Meatballs
These turkey teriyaki meatballs take about 30 minutes from start to finish. They make your kitchen smell so good that the family will slowly start to linger closer and closer to the dinner table as you finish up. Secretly, I love that:)
There are two parts to this quick recipe: baking the meatballs and preparing the thick and tasty teriyaki sauce to coat the meatballs in. I used ground turkey for this recipe but you could certainly use ground chicken instead. Most of the flavor comes in the teriyaki glaze that coats the meatballs. Skewering them on a toothpick with a chunk of pineapple would be fun!
Try them over a bed of steamy rice or with toothpicks as an appetizer. Baking the teriyaki meatballs at a higher temperature seal in the natural juices and produces wonderfully soft meatballs that are healthier than frying. You can easily double this recipe to feed a crowd.
Store leftover teriyaki meatballs, wrap them in foil, and refrigerate.
More Easy Dinner Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Pineapple Turkey Teriyaki MeatballsPrint Here
You Will Need
For the Meatballs:
- 1-1.5 lbs. ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup of crushed pineapple WITH juice (or crush up 2 slices of pineapple from a can)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
Other Supplies Needed:
- Non-stick spray
- Baking sheet
- Small frying pan
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 measuring cup
For the Meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, milk, and crushed up pineapple. Be sure to add a little bit of the pineapple juice too! Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, salt, and ground turkey. Mix it all together with your clean hands.
- Add the small bowl of breadcrumbs, pineapple, and milk into the large bowl of ground turkey. Mix until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and a generous coat of non-stick spray.
- Make small meatballs (about 1.5 inches in diameter or so) and place them on the baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes and begin preparing the teriyaki glaze.
For the Teriyaki Glaze:
- Put 1/2 cup of of Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce into a measuring cup.
- Add the sugar and mix it up until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add a little bit of water until the mixture measures 2/3 of a cup.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until smooth.
- When the meatballs are almost done, prepare a small frying pan with a generous coat of non-stick spray over medium heat.
- Add the ingredients from the measuring cup into the pan and whisk constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Once bubbling, remove it from the heat.
- Pour the tasty teriyaki glaze over the meatballs.
- Serve with brown rice, fried rice, veggies, or whatever else you love!