This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Homemade Pizza Poppers are not only fun to make, but they are also so easy and fun to eat! My pizza poppers are filled with melted mozzarella cheese and mini pepperoni and then topped with an irresistible cheesy, garlic, butter glaze. Dipped in additional pizza sauce or ranch dressing, these are simply addicting! They are a fun, kid-friendly, finger food recipe for lunch, an after-school snack, or your next party!
Baked to golden perfection in the oven, these pizza poppers will hit the spot every single time! The salt and butter are topped with an extra sprinkle of cheese making the pizza dough DELICIOUS! Did you see our recipe video on TikTok?
Pin this now to save it for laterPin It Now
Whether you dip the warm and cheesy poppers in additional pizza sauce, ranch dressing, or both, you won’t be able to just eat one! Bake them using parchment paper to prevent any sticking on a baking sheet. Kids are very good at helping with this recipe, so get them involved!
- Mini Pepperoni – found in the refrigerated section near the traditional size pepperoni
- Crescent Dough Sheet – Just like the buttery crescent rolls we all love, but in a convenient sheet form
- Pizza Sauce – It can be marinara, pizza sauce, or even your homemade pasta sauce made from fresh tomatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese – shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese works great! You can use your cheese of choice
- Garlic Salt – similar to garlic powder, but with the perfect amount of salt to make a garlic butter seasoning
- Butter – melted
Begin by preparing a baking sheet with either non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper. I prefer parchment paper because it prevents the pizza poppers from sticking to the sheet, making the prep time and total time from start to finish so easy!
Roll out the crescent sheet on either wax paper or additional parchment paper. Using a knife, cut the dough into 15 squares. The squares don’t have to be perfectly cut because the dough is easy to stretch and manipulate.
Next, use a spoon to scoop pizza sauce in the middle of each pizza dough square. After that, add some shredded cheese and a few mini pepperonis. Finally, wrap the dough into a ball shape and place them on your baking sheet with the seams down.
After that, brush each pizza popper with a generous amount of melted butter mixed with garlic salt. This garlic butter mixture smells so good as the poppers are baking! You could also add a little Italian seasoning if you prefer a little extra flavor. But, rest assured, this melted garlic butter salt is picky-eater approved!
Top each popper with additional shredded cheese just before they go into the oven. The cheese mixed with the garlic and butter is simply mouthwatering! Finally, bake the pepperoni pizza poppers for about 15 minutes or until they are golden.
All of the flavors of pizza rolled into balls and fried until golden brown and crispy, these pizza snacks are better than anything premade! These little pizza poppers a stuffed with plenty of melted cheese and are perfect when served with pizza sauce for dipping!
Pizza poppers can be customized to include your favorite pizza toppings, like pepperoni or sausage. Ready in less than 20 minutes, they are a delicious snack that adults and kids can’t get enough of! They are baked in medium heat, allowing the cheese to melt while warming up the simple ingredients inside. These are the perfect at-home lunch for the kids in August, a back-to-school snack in September, New Year’s Eve appetizer as January approaches, or even for Super Bowl Sunday!
Pizza Poppers Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Non-stick spray or parchment paper
- Basting brush
- Microwave safe dish
- 1 can Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- Mini pepperonis
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Melted butter
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic salt
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll the cresent dough sheet out (on parchment paper works best)
- Cut the dough into 15 squares using a knife
- Spoon in a small amount of pizza sauce in the middle of each square. Followed by some mozzarella cheese and about 3-4 mini pepperoni (eyeball this part)
- Pinch the sides of the crescent dough squares together to form balls
- Place the dough balls on a prepared baking sheet, seams down
- Melt the butter and stir in the garlic salt
- Generously coat each pepperoni popper with the garlic butter spread
- Sprinkle more shredded mozzarella on top of eac popper
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are golden
- Serve with warm pizza sauce or cold ranch dressing for dipping!