It’s time to start thinking about packed lunches again! Whether you are packing just for yourself, a carful of kids, or even if you stay home and have a toddler to feed, new ideas are always neat to see! Here are a bunch of smart and yummy lunch ideas to save.
Smart and Yummy Lunch Ideas
Make this recipe on Sunday and have all of your work lunches ready for the week!
These Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups are a great appetizer or pack & go lunch idea! Easy to make ahead and easy to serve.
Taco Salad in a Jar — This quick and easy lunch recipe is not only delicious, it’s packed with healthy food! Layers of lettuce, tomatoes, beans and more!
Think outside the box with this clear shoe organizer. Use it to have snacks ready for your kids or to organize school lunches for the week. Genius!
Easy and so good! These wraps are ready in 10 minutes tops!
With just 5 ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep, you’ll be devouring these calzones in no time! Wrap them in foil and take one for lunch.
These freezable pasta lunches come in at just $0.24 per serving. Not only are they insanely inexpensive (can you even buy a pack of gum for $0.25?), they offer convenience and endless possibilities for variety to spice up your work lunches.
Make ahead meals for busy moms! Take them to work or make them for dinner. So smart!
Good make ahead for the week meal. Use homemade taco seasoning and salsa rather than sour cream if you want to take it for lunch!
Good make ahead lunch idea for the office!
Make ahead, keep all week, mix & match lunch combos. Get the plastic cups super cheap HERE on Amazon
12. Lunch Bins for Making Lunches Quickly
This is a “back to school” lunch making trick that is SO handy for us to be using right now. I don’t know about you but my kids have been wanting to snack all day since they are home and I feel like I’m cooking constantly. I decided that we need to go back to having school-type lunches because that structure is something both myself and my kids need. Check out how this easy lunch system works and be sure to show this to any other parents who are home with their school aged children. We need all the help we can get!
Here’s what Lauri Stewart on Facebook says:
“I’m totally going to do this when school starts! I love this idea! Kiddos pick the number of servings shown on the front from each bin. So much more fun than making sandwiches every day!
- popcorn or veggie straws (I’ll mix it up with what they call “junk food”)
- goldfish, rice and ritz crackers (again, I’ll mix them up but they don’t have to have the same thing everyday)
- fruit to go and fruit & veggie source bars
- fruit cups and apple sauces (will do fresh fruit most often, but good back up and with 3 kids liking all different fruit, this is my compromise)
- cheese strings, Babybell cheese an yogurt tubes. Again will mix it up with Yoplait drinks and diced regular cheeses I have)
- Meat & veggies. The hardest one as all three kids are not big meat eaters! Here I have turkey lunchmeat rolled up, turkey Pepperettes (Costco) and carrots or cucs from our garden! I will do hard boiled eggs or leftover diced chicken breasts from supper too!
- will be granola bars, banana muffins or cookies!
This is all trial and error but the kids were so excited to pick what they wanted and told them I was open to suggestions!
Pack lunches on Sunday for the whole week!
Prep everything on a Sunday and make jars for the week. Brilliant, beautiful, and so smart!
A mason jar lunchable is a smart and creative on the go snacking idea.
It’s so much cheaper to make right at home and it tastes a million times better too!
The smell, the gooey cheese, the flakey crust, the warm biscuit… these will be gone in no time!