I just love anything spicy! Today I am sharing an easy homemade recipe that we can’t get enough of here at our house. This Spicy Habanero Avocado Sauce is the perfect addition to SO many of your favorite meals. Use it as a topping, an ingredient when mixing, or even for dipping. It’s the perfect match of avocado flavor with spice and cream. Don’t be scared by the thought of a habanero! It’s milder than you’d think. If you love Sriracha, Tabasco, or chili sauce, you will LOVE this Spicy Habanero Avocado Sauce!
Spicy Habanero Avocado Sauce
Even though it has a habanero pepper in it, the creaminess of the avocado and olive oil make the spice of the habanero more gentle. I actually love the taste of habanero peppers (even though I could never eat one all by itself!)
2 jalapeño peppers
1 habanero pepper
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1 clove of garlic
6 tablespoons of olive oil
A Vitamix or some sort of really good blender.
Plastic squeeze bottle like this one that I use (optional)
My favorite way to eat this Spicy Habanero Avocado Sauce is on tacos. It is SO tasty on chicken, steak, or any taco meat you prefer. Most recently I used it on lettuce wraps with grilled chicken (I drool at the thought of how good those were!). However, I love to dip chips in it kind of like a salsa. Use it on a sandwich, a sandwich wrap, or on top of vegetables. You can even use it as a pasta sauce for an avocado-inspired spicy pasta dish. Try this recipe with pretty much anything you eat with Sriracha, Tabasco, or chili sauce!
More Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Spicy Habanero Avocado Sauce Recipe:
Spicy Habanero Avocado SaucePrint Here
You Will Need
- Remove the stems of the jalapeños and the habanero. Boil the jalapenos, habanero, and the tomato for 10 minutes. Save this water!
- Place the boiled peppers and tomato into your Vitamix or blender.
- Add the 3 avocados (cut, peel, and remove seed first).
- Add the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and 1/4 cup of the water you boiled the peppers in.
- Blend for about 3 minutes or until completely creamy (as seen in the photos)
- Store in a covered container or squeeze bottle like I do. Refrigerate and use within 3 days.