Snowman Place Setting
Now that December is here, we can’t wait to share this idea with you! If you love to set your table in a special way for the holidays, you will love this DIY Snowman place setting. If you have a special “kids table” at your house for get togethers, then the kids will LOVE this too! Today I’ll show you how we assemble a snowman place setting with simple supplies. It’s so adorable!
Last updated: December 6, 2017
This post was originally published on November 29, 2016. I have updated it to answer questions and make the instructions even easier this Christmas.
Materials Needed to Make a Snowman with Plates
- White plates in 2 sizes. We happen to have white glass plates, but you could always use paper plates or disposable plastic plates too! Use whatever works best for you:)
- Buttons. I got these red and green ones at Hobby Lobby.
- Gold utensils: fork, spoon, and knife.
- Orange construction paper
- Black cocktails size napkins
- Red ribbon
- Chocolate coal (found in the seasonal candy isle)
- Optional: novelty corn cob pipe. I found them at Hobby Lobby but Amazon sells them here too.
Watch how we put together this Christmas place setting:
How to make a Snowman with Plates
- Start by setting the plates out with the smaller one on top.
- Next, cut a triangle carrot for this nose out of orange construction paper
- Cut a long piece of red ribbon and tie it in a bow. Cut one strand of the ribbon shorter than the other so it resembles a scarf. Place the red ribbon “scarf” in between the two plates.
- Put the black napkin on top of his head and then place the golden knife on to to hold the napkin top hat in place.
- Give him arms by using the fork and spoon.
- Add buttons, chocolate coal eyes, and a corn cob pipe.
Isn’t he just the cutest? I can think of a few people who would love to see this waiting for them at their spot on the table!
You might also like these Christmas crafts to go with the Snowman Place Setting:
Candy Cane Reindeer: