This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I absolutely LOVE handmade sugar scrubs. They are so pretty and they work so well! I’ve made several sugar scrubs in the past but I thought I would share something new with you today. These are perfect for gift giving. Think: teachers, co-workers, neighbors, friends, etc. They are fun and easy to make yet they look and smell gorgeous! I made these cubes with a little hint of cranberry scent since the holidays are around the corner. But, you can use whatever fragrance you love most or go fragrance-free! I love options like that:) They are easy to make, easy to use, and they leave my skin feeling so soft.
Sugar Scrub Cubes
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Melt & Pour soap base (I buy THIS one)
- Cranberry body-safe-fragrance, or fragrance of choice (I used THIS one)
- Jojoba oil (found HERE)
- Microwave safe bowl for melting soap
- Measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Food coloring
- 1 glass baking dish (seen in pictures)
Start by chopping up the soap base, this makes it much easier to measure. Place it in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until the ingredients easily mix together, stirring every ten seconds. Then, pour a thin layer of sugar on the bottom of your glass baking dish. In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of melted soap base, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil.
In order to make them pink, add less than 1 drop of red food coloring. Pour the sugar scrub mixture over the layer of sugar in the baking dish. Let it dry and harden for about 5 minutes.
Cut the hardened sugar scrub mixture into small squares and gently lift them up from the dish. I had some leftover scraps as seen in the photo above:) You’ll notice that the layer of sugar you put into the glass dish beforehand is perfectly stuck to one side of each sugar cube (SO PRETTY!).
More DIY Bath and Body Crafts:
- Lavender Soap Jellies
- DIY recipe for moisturizing shaving cream
- Sugar Scrub Cubes
- Homemade Gel Air Fresheners
That’s all it takes! A few ingredients, a microwave, and you can create sugar scrub cubes! These cubes can be used all over to exfoliate your skin in the sink, shower, or bath.
To use your sugar scrub cubes, take one into the shower, break up in your hand, and scrub it all over, especially where your skin is dry! I love using these – they’re so simple, smell amazing, and leave my skin so smooth! I hope you love them, too.
What DIY Sugar Scrub Do You Want to Make Next?
Check out our Seasonal Sugar Scrubs!
Sugar Scrub CubesPrint Here
You Will Need
- Removing the melt and pour soap base from the container.
- Cut it into smaller pieces so that it melts easily.
- Melt some it in the microwave using 10 second intervals and watching it carefully. It actually melts very quickly!
- Pour a thin layer of sugar on the bottom of your glass baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine:
1/2 cup of melted soap base (melt some of the base in the microwave and use 1/2 cup of it)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
** If it hardens too quickly, microwave it again for a couple of seconds.
- In order to make them pink, add LESS than 1 drop of red food coloring. I do this by placing a drop of red food coloring on a plate. Then, dip the tip of a spoon into the drop of food coloring allowing the tiniest bit to be on the spoon. Use that spoon to mix the color into the sugar scrub mixture. As long as you use a small amount of food coloring like this, it won’t be noticeable while being used.
- Pour the sugar scrub mixture over the layer of sugar in the baking dish. Let it dry and harden for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the hardened sugar scrub mixture into small squares and gently lift them up from the dish. I had some leftover scraps as seen in the photo above:) You’ll notice that the layer of sugar you put into the glass dish beforehand is perfectly stuck to one side of each sugar cube (SO PRETTY!).