This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
‘Tis the season for all things APPLE! The kids and I were in the mood for some relaxing afternoon baking and we are excited to share this unique recipe with you! It’s part pie, part cookie, and completely perfect for the fall (or any time of year if you love cookies like we do). Apple cream pie cookies not only taste decadent, they will leave your house smelling like autumn apples!
Apple Cream Pie Cookies
This particular recipe uses one of my favorite things: apple butter! Don’t you love apple butter too? It smells and tastes delicious! The kids couldn’t wait for the cookies to be done and they even ate a couple that were fresh and warm (lucky kids!). This recipe has two parts, the cookie part and the filling part. What I love is that they don’t take long to bake but, based on the taste, you wouldn’t know it!
These apple cream pie cookies are an autumn favorite of mine. I love the way this cookie looks and the taste! I can’t explain how delicious they are! Each bite has the perfect combination of apple, cinnamon, spice, and cream. They look great on a cookie plate and taste great! If any apple cream mixture remains, it can be served warm over vanilla ice cream!
Apple Recipes to Try Next
Our Favorite Fall Recipes
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spiced Latte
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Caramel Chai Tea Ice Cream
They are perfect for afternoon treats or fall get togethers! Enjoy!
Apple Cream Pie CookiesPrint Here
You Will Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- Blend the sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer with medium speed.
- Add in the butter and mix until a grainy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla then beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Next, add the flour mixture to the larger bowl and blend at a low speed (don’t over mix!).
- Make marble sized dough balls and place on a greased cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden (not brown!).
- Immediately transfer the cookies to a cool/flat surface with a spatula.
- Blend the cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add in the apple butter and beat until completely combined.
- Spread about 1 tsp. of apple cream pie filling on the bottom half of each cookie and top with another cookie to create a sandwich.