Got some zucchini? THIS is the way to eat it all up! Baked Parmesan Zucchini is one of those versatile side dishes that you can make alongside several dinners. Tender zucchini rounds baked to absolute perfection in just 13 minutes. It’s healthy, nutritious, and completely addictive. If you’re serving more than 3 people, make a double batch. You’ll thank me later:)
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
This garlic parmesan zucchini recipe is absolutely amazing! Rubbed with garlic and olive oil, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and oven roasted to perfection. This will become your favorite way to eat zucchini ever! It only requires a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep work, and let me tell you, it SO good. This favorite side dish is packed with flavor!
Start by slicing the zucchini as seen below. Prepare a baking sheet with foil. Because you’ll be baking this at a higher temperature, it’s best to use olive oil instead of non-stick spray. Put about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil on the foil and use a napkin to spread it out evenly.
In a mixing bowl, gently toss the zucchini rounds in olive oil and minced garlic. Then, evenly spread the zucchini on the baking sheet.
Finally, top the garlic and olive oil coated zucchini rounds with oregano, salt, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese.
These baked zucchini is healthy AND delicious! It’s a great side dish with any meal (Italian, chicken, or steak). You will LOVE it with our Meatball Parmigiana or our Lazy Lasagna Recipe!! When you bake zucchini with parmesan and garlic, it will be gone in no time and that’s why I highly recommend you make extra if you’re serving more than 3 people. Everybody wants a double serving when this is made. These can be served as an appetizer with ranch dressing or marinara sauce, but they are great on their own too!
Parmesan Zucchini baked to golden perfection!
Dishes to make with this zucchini recipe:
Baked Parmesan ZucchiniPrint Here
You Will Need
- 2 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano (1/4 teaspoon of you’re using ground oregano)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Other Supplies Needed:
- Baking Dish
- Mixing bowl
- Pre-heat the oven to 425º
- Cut zucchini and squash into rounds (as pictured)
- In a mixing bowl, use a spatula to gently combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the cut zucchini, squash, and the minced garlic.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking (use a napkin to cover the entire surface of the baking dish)
- Place the zucchini and squash evenly on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle on the oregano
- Add desired salt and pepper to taste
- Cover with parmesan cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Broil for the last 3 minutes