This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ooey Gooey Chewy Chocolate Chip Pie is more like it! When my kids came home school and saw this treat sitting on the countertop, they went straight for a fork. Once you dig into this unique pie, the soft chocolate morsels on top will melt in your mouth. There is one… er… make that TWO secret ingredients in the cookie pie that makes it unbelievably delicious!
Chocolate Chip Pie
There’s nothing like a slice of pie served with vanilla ice cream! This recipe for Homemade Chocolate Chip Pie is one of our favorites. It is great for potlucks, BBQs, birthdays, and holidays. With a buttery cookie like crust made from scratch, and a gooey, sweet chocolate chip topping, this pie will not disappoint!
Note: You will need a 9″ springform pan to make this recipe. You can find one here.
The first secret ingredient is mixed in the dough. It is a Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Chocolate Candy Bar! It’s melted together with butter, flour, and sugar (and it smells so good!). Cookies are my ultimate weakness. Which is why this Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie recipe is one of our all-time favorites.
Cookie Recipes by Smart School House:
- Lazy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Jello Pudding Cookies
- Marshmallow Cookie Sandwiches
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- Hawaiian Punch Cookies
- Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies
When you pull it out of the oven, you’ll immediately drench it with the second secret ingredient: sweetened condensed milk. It reminds me of making a poke cake where the condensed milk enhances the flavor of the baked dough below it. When the cookie dough is done baking, the condensed milk is poured on top. Then that’s when the magic happens!
Add a cup of cold milk or a scoop of ice cream and you are set! Now that dessert is planned, what’s for dinner? Here are a couple of family friendly dinner recipes you might also like.
How to Make a Pie Covered in Chocolate Chips:
You Will Need
- 4oz. Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Chocolate Candy Bar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 7oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Other Supplies Needed
- 9″ springform baking pan
- Non-stick spray
- Small mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Pot for melting ingredients
- Baking sheet
Shop the Ingredients Below:
- In a pot over medium to low heat, combine the butter, sugar, and Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme Chocolate Candy Bar (broken into pieces)
- Once it is fully melted, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes
- Gently whisk together 2 eggs
- Add them to the warm melted chocolate and sugar mixture (be sure it’s not too hot because it will cook the eggs right away)
- Stir in the vanilla and baking powder
- Mix until creamy
- Prepare the springform baking pan with non-stick spray
- Add the dough to the baking pan
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet
- Immediately add the 7oz of sweetened condensed milk on top. The baking sheet under the springform pan will catch any condensed milk that gets through (it will be minimal).
- Cover warm the pie with chocolate chips (add as many as needed to cover the top surface)
- The warmth of the pie will cause the chocolate chips to melt slightly
- Allow to cool
- Remove from the outer edge of the springform
- Cut and serve!