This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make these Halloween Cocoa Krispies Treats with your kids for a fun, festive activity. Then enjoy them together as an after-school snack! These delicious dessert bars are made with Cocoa Krispies and drizzled in with chocolatey goodness.
Halloween Cocoa Krispies Treats
Here at Smart School House, we LOVE tasty Halloween treats like our Halloween Peeps Houses and Ghost Meringues. Much like traditional Rice Krispies Treats, the Cocoa Krispies are made with marshmallows and butter. Cocoa Krispies have a delicious chocolate flavor. The brown chocolate color makes them perfect for Halloween!
Begin by melting the butter and mini marshmallows together over medium to low heat. Then, pour the Cocoa Krispies into the ooey-gooey melted marshmallow mixture. Stir the cereal around until it is fully combined.
Next, prepare either a rectangle or square dish with non-stick spray. If you use a square dish, the Cocoa Krispies will come out a little thicker. We used a 9″x13″ baking dish for this recipe. Now comes the really fun part!
Cocoa Krispies Treats Recipe
Before the treats cool, add on some Halloween-colored sprinkles. After that, use melted chocolate to drizzle on top. Melting wafters, found in the baking aisle, work the best for this part! I put paper towels underneath the dish so that I could also drizzle the dish with some chocolate for fun. I think it makes the Cocoa Krispies more spooky looking!
Before the chocolate hardens, add larger Halloween sprinkles as well as candy eyeballs. Finally, let the entire dish cool for about 20 minutes (if the kids can wait that long!). Then, spray a butter knife with nonstick spray and cut the treats into squares. Happy Halloween!
More Halloween Dessert Recipes by Smart School House to Try Next:
Cocoa Krispies Treats
You Will Need
- 3 TBS butter
- 5 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of Cocoa Krispies
- Melting chocolate (dark or regular chocolate)
- We used Ghirardelli melting wafers found in the baking aisle
- Small and medium-sized Halloween colored sprinkles
- Candy eyeballs like these
Other Supplies Needed:
- Large pot
- Butter knife
- Non-stick spray
- Square or rectangle baking dish
- In the large pot over medium-low heat, combine the butter and marshmallow until fully melted (stirring constantly)
- Add in the Cocoa Krispies and continue to stir until fully combined
- Prepare your baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pour the Cocoa Krispie mixture into the dish and press it around to make sure it is distributed evenly
- Add small Halloween sprinkles on top
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the dish
- I placed napkins underneath so that I could drizzle the sides of the glass as well
- Add medium size Halloween sprinkles
- Place candy eyeballs evenly throughout
- Let the Halloween Cocoa Krispies cool for about 20 minutes
- Prepare the butter knife with non-stick spray
- Cut the Cocoa Krispies into sqaures
- Save leftovers in an air tight container or plastic bag with sealable top