Fall is finally here an pumpkins are popping up everywhere! I’m not a big fan of carving pumpkins, so Mr. Smart School House does that with the kids. I sure do love decorating with pumpkins though! Today I’m sharing these Pumpkins Wrapped in Mesh tutorial. I love how the pumpkins sparkle and look all dressed up without any carving.
Pumpkins Wrapped in Mesh
It’s no secret that I love making DIY holiday decorations. Last year I made Tomato Cage Witch Hats and these Flamingo Vultures. The flamingo vultures are SO amazing all set up in the yard. They look so eerie and creepy yet funny because you know what they’re actually made out of:)
These pumpkins wrapped in mesh aren’t spooky or scary Halloween decor, instead they are quite pretty!
Have you ever worked with deco mesh before? It can be found at any craft store all year long.
Today I used plastic pumpkins that are made for crafting and decorating. However you could definitely use real pumpkins for this DIY Halloween decoration too! Just make sure to pick a pumpkin that will fit inside the mesh. Bigger pumpkins won’t work for this project. Medium to small ones are perfect.
Other DIY Halloween Projects to Try:
Pumpkins Wrapped in MeshPrint Here
You Will Need
- Deco mesh in colors of choice (the long/large size rolls)
- Decorative ribbon
- Hot glue (just in case!)
- Roll out the mesh and place the pumpkin in the middle
- Cut the mesh to size
- Gather the mesh up to the top of the pumpkin
- Secure the mesh in place with a bow
- If the mesh isn’t covering the pumpkin perfectly, use a little hot glue to tuck and position the mesh in place. It dries clear!