Cheeseburger Quesadillas are quick, fun, and delicious! This easy dinner recipe goes from fridge to table in under 30 minutes. This is an all-star lunch or dinner idea that will be on repeat! Everything you love about a burger with a fun Mexican twist. If you like burgers and quesadillas, then this is the recipe for you!
These quesadillas are easy enough to make for a quick weeknight dinner, but I also love to serve as an appetizer (think Super Bowl!). With a side of fries and a salad, this recipe will be a hit! Plus, it’s picky-eater approved:) Combine your two favorite foods into one with these Cheeseburger Quesadillas made with an addicting burger sauce!
Today I made this special quesadilla for lunch. Yes, my kids are still home from school, so lunch is not in a lunchpail right now. My kids love when they come down from their computer screens during their lunch break to a warm and fun meal. It’s definitely something to look forward to and they get hungry when they smell me cooking for them in the middle of the school day! They will definitely miss these lunches when they are back to school in person.
A normal quesadilla is cooked by melting the cheese onto the tortillas. But a cheeseburger quesadilla is assembled by adding the cheese to the ground beef first. To keep your quesadillas from being too greasy, drain your cooked beef on paper towels. That way, you can add the condiments to the tortillas.
Chances are you have the ingredients to make Cheeseburger Quesadillas on hand. So, you can brown a pound of ground beef then quickly make these for lunch, dinner, or snack. If you like In-N-Out, you’ll LOVE the combination of condiments: pickles, ketchup, mustard, and thousand island dressing. At first, my son (a picky eater) was upset when he saw the pickles and mustard, but then he asked for seconds when he realized how delicious the combo is.
Spread a layer of thousand island on both tortillas. Add pickles on one tortilla and drizzle ketchup and mustard on the second tortilla. While doing this, I cover the cooked ground beef with shredded cheese and place a lid over it so the cheese melts (about 5 minutes on low heat as to not over-cook the beef). Then, add a couple scoops of ground beef over one tortilla. Place that tortilla on a warm skillet and add the second tortilla on top. Flipping the quesadilla over after a minute or so, the low heat helps the melted cheese attach the two tortillas together.
Or, you can add all the ingredients to 1 tortilla and fold it in half (like a taco). This is the easiest method, especially for kids. It’s easy enough to assemble in the skillet as long as the pan is not super hot, so whatever method you are most comfortable with is fine!
More EASY Lunch, Dinner, and Appetizer Recipes by Smart School House
You Will Need
- Soft taco size tortillas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Hamburger dill chips (pickles)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)
- Thousand island dressing
- French fries and side salad (optional)
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Pan for browning ground beef with a lid
- Pan for warming tortillas
- Brown ground beef and drain excess oil.
- To keep your quesadillas from being too greasy, drain your cooked beef on paper towels
- Turn the burner to low, add the shredded cheese to the cooked ground beef and cover to allow the cheese to melt
- Add thousand island to both tortillas using a spatula to spread it evenly
- On one tortilla, place pickles over the thousand island
- On the second tortilla, add ketchup and mustard (as pictured)
- Place one tortilla on the second pan over medium to low heat
- Add a couple scoops of cheesy ground beef on top of the tortilla
- Place the second tortilla on top and turn the quesadilla over a couple times over the hot pan to allow the cheese to attach to the tortillas.
- The quesadilla can be cut into 4 smaller pieces (as seen) or you can add all the ingredients to 1 tortilla and fold it in half (like a taco) <—easiest method, especially for kids.
- Serve with hot french fries and a side salad