This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hello Smart School House readers, I am Jen and I blog at Craft-O-Maniac. I am thrilled to be sharing my first ever contributor post here on Smart School House. Today I will be sharing this Rhodes Rolls Recipe that is is so yummy! Rhodes Rolls are creamy chicken filled bundles. The best part my kids loved it and wanted more. SCORE!
Chicken Filled Rolls
Who loves hot out of the oven rolls? ME TOO! Today its all about these pretty Rhodes butter knot rolls. This recipe happened when my hubby had taken out some rolls to un-thaw and rise all day. After they had doubled in size and were ready to bake, I said to him “What are you doing with those rolls?”. He had no clue and no main dish was planned either, HA!
Well that is when it hit me? I thought I would roll them out and fill them up with some kind of chicken mixture, seal them up, and bake them. So here is what I came up with.
Start by placing the rolls in a sprayed cupcake tray. Once they are all rolled out and placed in the cupcake tins set them aside. Next, create the creamy chicken mix. Spoon it all together in a mixing bowl. Now you are ready to fill up your Rhodes Rolls bundles! Take a spoon and spoon out a small to medium amount of filling and place it in the center of your bundles.
Then gather up all the sides of the rolls pinching them together. Do this with all your bundles. Like I said above, they were a hit and will definitely be filled away in our recipe box.Finally, Finally, place the rolls in the oven at 350 for 12-13 minutes. Enjoy!
More Dinner and Appetizer Ideas on Smart School House:
Creamy Chicken Filled Bundles
You Will Need
- 16 un-thawed and risen Rhodes Rolls
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 brick of cream cheese
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp of basil
- 2 tsp of garlic salt
- 2 tsp of paprika
- salt and pepper
- Start by greasing rolling pin and counter with some butter or pam spray.
- One by one roll out your rolls until they are about 5 x 5 or 6 x 6 inches in diameter.
- Place them in a sprayed cupcake tray. If you aren’t using a cupcake tray, these work great on a cookie sheet as well.
- Once they are all rolled out and placed in the cupcake tins set them aside.
- Take your filling and place everything in a bowl adding your seasonings last.
- Mix it all with a hand mixer, set aside.
- Cut up your un-thawed chicken into small little squares, and add them to your filing mix.
- Spoon it all together really well.
- Now you are ready to fill up your Rhodes Rolls bundles.
- Take a spoon and spoon out a small to medium amount of filling and place it in the center of your bundles.
- Then gather up all the sides of the rolls pinching them together. Do this with all your bundles.
- I did an egg wash to the top of them: For the egg wash take 2 cracked eggs and a splash of water, whisk it together and with a cooking brush, brush the tops of your chicken filled bundles.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Serving Size: 6-8