This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This quick and easy homemade Crock Pot Chili Dip is loaded with queso fresco goodness, chili, and salsa. It’s Best of all, with only four ingredients, it can be made in advance and is ready to eat when the party starts. Serve the dip with potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or even bread. It is a guaranteed hit!
This chip dip recipe never lets us down. It’s always a crowd pleaser– it has the perfect amount of spicy heat in each bite. You can dip just about anything into it. This Chili Cheese Salsa Dip is ridiculously easy to make and tastes great simmering in the crock pot. Perfect for tailgating!
Since this is an appetizer, you will need a smaller size slow cooker, as opposed to a full size crock pot. I really love this quart size slow cooker because you can make two appetizers at once. Especially for events like the Super Bowl, appetizer variety is what everyone looks forward to!
We use 3 cans of chili, including 1 can that is “hot” and two cans that are “medium” in heat. You’ll need 1/2 of an onion, diced, a small can of salsa. The 7 oz can seen above is a spicy, chunky red Mexican salsa with tomatoes, chiles, onions, garlic and cilantro. It adds a lot of unique flavor, especially with the Mexican queso fresco.
More Appetizers by Smart School House:
Crock Pot Chili Dip
You Will Need
- 10 oz package of Queso Fresco
- 3 cans of chili with beans: two mild and one hot
- 7 oz can of salsa
- 1/2 onion, diced
- In a small crock pot, combine the chili, salsa, and onion in a slow cooker
- Grate the Queso Fresco
- Turn crock pot on high and place the grated Queso Fresco over the chili mixture
- Cover and cook on high until the cheese is melted
- Stir cheese into the chili mixture
- Reduce heat to warm and serve with chips