Once upon a time, we went to France and ate every kind of cheese imaginable. Well, that might be a little dramatic. However, we did go to France and eat a lot of cheese! Who knew that you could actually eat pieces of various cheese samples as a meal? Well, you can and it is delicious! Picture this: we were at a French farmer’s market, sitting outside on the second floor balcony of a little cafe, listening someone playing an accordion nearby. We were completely immersed in everything I hoped France would be like. We left happy and full!
Today’s recipe is inspired by the cheese tasting we experienced in France. This pastry wrapped brie cheese is a delicious 3-ingredient cheese appetizer made in 20 minutes!
Pastry Wrapped Brie Cheese
Here is where we had just gone shopping. A local farmer’s market nestled between old French buildings:
The trip we were on started in Barcelona and ended in Rome. It was quite a dream come true! We were traveling along the Mediterranean Sea for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We had a private tour guide during our time in France (highly recommend that!).
Earlier in the day, our French tour guid took us to a small coffee shop. I was suddenly so hungry when I spotted this mouthwatering cheese sandwich, a Croque Monsieur Maison:
Imagine a buttery, cheesy, slightly crispy sandwich from heaven. That’s basically what it was! It’s no wonder I came home from our cruise ready to make some delicious cheese dish!
After our cheese filled lunch in France, we walked around and sampled some handmade sweet treats in the small town, like this tarte tropézienne:
Exploring Spain, France, and Italy for our anniversary was simply the best! We ate and explored as much as we could each day:)
This easy pastry wrapped brie cheese is a wonderful appetizer idea for gatherings like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Pastry Wrapped Brie CheesePrint Here
You Will Need
- 8 oz brie cheese (found at any grocery store)
- Pepperidge Farms puff pastry sheets (located in the freezer section at the store)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Non stick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Defrost 1 puff pastry sheet according to the directions on the box.
- Dust flour on your work surface to prevent the pastry dough from sticking.
- Lay the pastry sheet out and put the 8 oz brie cheese in the center.
- Wrap the pastry sheet up and around the cheese (as seen in the video).
- Remove any excess pastry and pinch the edges together to seal the cheese in.
- Mix 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water and use this egg wash over the seal of the pastry (as seen in the video).
- Place the cheese on a baking dish seal side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with crackers or bread slices.